Saturday 6 February 2016

Hello Reading World

As this is my initial post in the blog world I shall give you a simple introduction, telling you who I am, what I write and some of the things you may expect to find here and in my work. Such an opening may seem bland to some, but I"m sure you'll agree it's preferable to an intro like, "There once was a fiction writer from Nantucket whose..."

I'm from a small Canadian town, well known for a notorious rock band, whose name for now shall remain unspoken. I have a Master Practitioner Certificate in Psychosomatic therapy, and spent several years attempting to be a web programmer before turning writing from an occasional pass time into a career. My holistic therapy experience finds its way into much of my work, as does my eccentric sense of humor, and my fascination for mythology and the supernatural. I love writing stories that make you think and that play upon multiple emotions.

In my blog world you shall find snippets of my work, some of my experiences as a writer, some of my musings, which do not happen to fit a current project and delicious tidbits from other writers in my genre. As well, there may be occasional information and references to a disease called McCune Albright Syndrome, with which I was born, a rare form of another condition called Fibrous Dysplasia. My health and disability have shaped who I am, and in turn shape much of my writing.

I thank you for joining me on this journey, and look forward to seeing you return soon. Be sure to check out my website, jonathanbirdsall.com or my Facebook page, facebook.com/writerjonathanbirdsall.

Jonathan Birdsall

No comments:

Post a Comment